You’ve found your way to the best boots, but the hard part comes: How do you care for them? The truth is that boots require much care. They’ll get stinky and uncomfortable if you don’t maintain them and keep them clean. But if you take good care of them, they’ll last years, and even better, they’ll become more comfortable as they age! Here are some tips on making sure your boots, especially the UGG Boots, always feel like new.
Regarding boots, your best bet is to stick with neutral colours. Even if you love wearing bright colours, chances are that a pair of colourful boots would look ridiculous with them. If a colour doesn’t go with everything, it isn’t neutral enough for these purposes, so while black might not be a good choice because it matches so many things, tan or white would work great. Neutral boots fit everything! These are especially important if you need help finding shoes that go well with your outfits but want to avoid anything too flashy or boring.
Get the higher shaft.
The higher shaft boots are the way to go because:
- A higher shaft means more protection. You’ll want your boots to stay on while trekking through the winter woods or trudging through snow drifts, so make sure they have sturdy heel and ankle support.
- Higher shafts are warmer. Plus, the taller boots can be layered under pants for extra warmth when temperatures drop below freezing.
- They look better than the shorter ones. The higher cuts are more fashionable and will make you feel like you’re wearing something stylish rather than just utilitarian footwear you’ll be happy to take off once indoors again!
They’re not for snowshoeing or cross-country skiing.
While they are stylish and will keep your feet warm, they’re not meant for snowshoeing or cross-country skiing. They’re not waterproof, so you’ll need to bring along a pair of waterproof socks just in case you get caught in a sudden downpour while out on the trails.
Don’t wear boot socks with other footwear.
If you wear a pair of UGG boots and have boot socks on, that’s fine. If you’re wearing a pair of boots and have regular socks on, however, it’s not acceptable. Boot socks are too thick to wear with other footwear; they’re only made for UGGs. They are also not durable, and they’ll get holes in them quickly because they aren’t meant to be used with other footwear.
Boots are cozy and cute.
Boots are great for keeping your feet warm. But if you have UGG boots, know that they are not waterproof and should be treated as casual shoes, but if you live in an area with mild winters, they will keep your feet comfy. If you plan to do any outdoor activities that involve snow or slushy conditions, UGGs aren’t the best choice for footwear.
How to care for them?
To clean both the inside and outside of your boots:
- Fill a bucket with water mixed with a few drops of dish soap or shampoo
- Soak them for 30 minutes before washing them by hand in the tub or sink using gentle strokes along the contour of each boot shape; avoid scrubbing vigorously.
- Rinse all traces of soap thoroughly until no suds appear, gently pat them dry, and don’t twist or wring out too much water.
When it comes to winter boots, there are so many options. You have leather, rubber and even wool options. The thing is, nobody wants to spend money on a pair of boots that aren’t last. In such a case, UGGs can be an excellent option.